Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday Fair Five: Heart necklaces

Call me a romantic, but I actually like getting little heart-shaped jewelry on Valentine's Day.  (Who am I kidding?  I love all jewelry for any occasion whatsoever.)

Five heart necklaces for your Valentine:

From Ten Thousand Villages:
A sterling silver chain and organic-shaped heart pendant with garnet disc.
Carry My Heart Pendant, $110 Nepal Traditional Crafts, tenthousandvillages.com
 Available in limited quantities, this sterling silver piece has the charm of a vintage keepsake.  Originally $98, now $49.
Mi Amor Necklace, $49 Allpa, Peru. tenthousandvillages.com
 From Serrv:
 I love this classic gold droplet of a heart on an 18" chain.  It would be sweet father-to-daughter gift.
Sweetheart Pendant, $18 Kumbeshwar Technical School Nepal serrv.org
Found on Etsy:
Sharon Wisely Jewelry.  The artist writes: " I have a passion for Fair Trade materials, so you might find pieces adorned with recycled sari silk from India or Kazuri beads from Kenya. Buying Fair Trade just makes me feel great!"
"Buy Fair Trade.  Do good, feel great, look gorgeous!"
Brown and Teal Ceramic Heart necklace.  The artist writes: "I came across a Fair Trade company in South Africa where the women make these beautiful ceramic heart pendants. This one has a wonderful, ornate texture in shades of brown and pale teal. It's a generous size pendant that lends itself well to having some length, so I hung it from brown leather and copper chain. Brown and teal wooden beads give it the perfect finishing touch. It's a lovely piece with a natural, organic feel to it."
Ceramic Heart Necklace, $29 Sharon Wisely Jewelry, etsy.com Ceramics from South Africa
Another ceramic heart necklace available on her Etsy page, the artist writes: "This one has a fun, striped texture in shades of brown and pale teal. I love it's elongated shape. It's a generous size pendant that lends itself well to having some length, so I hung it from copper chain and added some amazonite and wooden beads. It's a lovely piece with a natural, organic feel to it."
Wavy Stripe Ceramic Heart Necklace, $29 Sharon Wisely Jewelry, beads from South Africa, etsy.com
*All images courtesy of source.

No comments:

Post a Comment